Wednesday, December 2, 2009

They Don't Make It Easy

Over the past several years I have been growing to the conclusion that I would like to be of service to those around me and that I would make some personal sacrifices to do it. Recently, after discussing it with my bride, it was decided that I would contact the Democratic Party in Idaho and throw my hat in the ring. I spoke with folks at both the state and county levels and got to the same place with both... nowhere.

I spoke with my mother-in-law, who has been a huge party supporter in our state for many years, about the outcome and I was taken aback by her reply. "If you're going to do anything, it won't be with the parties backing or support. They act surprised every time there's an election, like they've never done this before." Well...

I guess that, unless something changes, I will have to make my bid independent of the party. OR, maybe it's time to bring the Democratic Socialists to Idaho. Hm...

No comments:

Post a Comment